Sunday, May 30

Trip to Kumasi

Today Katja and I left school early to go to Kumasi. We met up with Katja's German friend Michael who works at the internet cafe in Oyoko. We had some awesome food in Effiduase (something not made out of cassava or yam...yea!).
The people in Kumasi don't pay so much attention to white people like in Sekyere. But they do try to sell you things. They will follow you trying to get you to buy something. One guy grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me go. It hurt!
We went to a supermarket in Kumasi. They only had one kind of shampoo! A little different than in America :)
Katja and I are staying the night here. Our hotel has running water and a toilet! Granted the water comes out of a faucet at my knees and the toilet is broken...but still! There's a toilet!!! It's much better than going to an outhouse that sometimes has worms crawling on it.
We had dinner at Vic Baboo's, a place that's "famous" for it's good food. I'd say the quality is a notch below Denny's :)
Michael and Katja
You can't keep your bottles in Ghana...they get sent back to the factory and are reused
Chicken and fried rice...yes, a meat other than fish - yea!
The supermarket in Kumasi - so many cracker choices!
Prempeh II roundabout in Kumasi
Presbyterian church of Kumasi
View of Kumasi from my hotel balcony

No comments: